Make the transformation from yoga teacher to yoga therapist
Why Choose Real Yoga Therapy Training?
Authentic yoga values are at the heart of everything we do
Our team are passionate about yoga therapy and training
We offer a supportive and inclusive learning environment
We will enable you to reach your full potential
Our Comprehensive Training Will Provide You With
- All the skills, knowledge and support you need to become a yoga therapist
- A rewarding career in the fastest growing Complimentary Therapy in the UK
- Access to ongoing mentoring and supervision after qualification
- Eligibility to register with the CNHC and with the Yoga Therapy Association
Individualised Student Development
We recognise that each student arrives on the course with unique skills, interests, aspirations and developmental needs.
- Some students may have significant experience of using dynamic asana, but have no experience adapting for the less able
- Others may have very little experience of using classical pranayama practices, which are so valuable in a yoga therapy context, while others use them all the time
We will work with you to identify and build on your strengths, to address any areas of inexperience and provide you with all the guidance you need to help you meet your specific goals.
Training Structured for Busy Lives
- All face to face training is on Saturdays and Sundays and avoids main school and public holidays
- The course builds in a logical way, learning skills step by step and gaining experience through practice
- We help you structure your home studies, with assignments, guided exercises, videos and experiential learning
- Each student is assigned an individual mentor who they can call on for advice, support and guidance
Patricia Onderdonck-Young – Graduate
“I was drawn to the Real Yoga training as it was going to fit in alongside my work – and because it really did seem to be an advocate of ‘real’ yoga, their compassion and enthusiasm shone through. I appreciated both the academic standard and quality of the curriculum.
More importantly, we were encouraged to continuously apply our developing knowledge to ourselves and it was this that made the training a transformative personal journey for me.
It has made me a more intuitive and confident yoga teacher, with more faith in my own ability, and made me brave enough to make yoga therapy a full-time career.”
Sarah Swan – Graduate
“I am a graduate of the Real Yoga and highly recommend the course to anyone wanting a career in yoga therapy. It provides detailed and well-structured content, delivered by caring and professional teachers, who all offer individual guidance and feedback, facilitating personal growth.
The course itself proved a joyous learning experience and has changed my life for the better. It has deepened my understanding of how yoga can transform lives, and I have gained knowledge and skills, and the confidence to put them into practice.
As the course is accredited by the BCYT, I have been able to register with the CNHC, a recognised quality standard which means doctors and other medical professionals can refer directly to me.”
Gayl Long – Graduate
“This course has taken my yoga practice and teaching to a whole new level. I now have a complete holistic skill set which helps clients to integrate mind, body, and soul in the service of promoting health and well-being. It provided a deeper experiential understanding of yoga philosophy, energy systems, anatomy, physiology, pranayama, and meditation. All of this practically grounded in science and applied with practice clients and case studies.
The tutors on the course live their yoga, and are excellent role models both professionally and personally. The quality of teaching is very high, thorough, and practical. We were guided and supported brilliantly on the course, with individual attention and mentoring.
The course facilitated personal, intellectual, emotional, and spiritual growth. I feel I too live my yoga much more than I used to which enriches my life, my teaching, and my work.”
Konika Shankar – Graduate
“I really do believe Yoga Therapy has everything you need, even from a psychotherapy point of view.
I feel that the unique and thorough training with Real Yoga provided me with a strong foundation to give me the confidence to enable me to work safely, find my way of working, and to be taken more seriously in this field.”
600 Hour Yoga Therapy Certification
- Accredited by the British Council for Yoga Therapy
- Graduates are eligible to register with the Complementary and Natural Health Care Council (CNHC) and the Yoga Therapy Association
- Smaller groups for enhanced learning
- Individually tailored tutoring for personal growth
- Comprehensive training covering all aspects of therapeutic yoga, backed by research
- Benefit from the on-going mentoring and support of the Real Yoga community